Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's what I owe.

Sorry for the lack of updates. My computer screen died on me and I just got a new screen. Thank you Dad. I know I said I'll update on Korea, but I've too many photographs so be patient! If you have Facebook, check out my brother's pictures :)

I brought back fond memories because it was my first trip overseas with my Grandma, in a really long while.

Here's something that will most probably crack you up:

Follow my lead - Tilt your head left and watch, just for a couple of seconds!



I am proud to say, This is my Grandma, whom I love :) When that was recorded, Nicky and I were withholding our laughter and waiting to let it out, haha! You can't just watch it once. Seriously.

I'll always remember this trip with my Grandma because it reminded me of my younger days. We lived with my Grandma and Grandpa for years, until Primary School. There were plenty of memories - maybe I'll go find some old pictures and show you all sometime.

So that was the Korea trip with my family and Grandma, then plenty more events followed. Nick Vujicic Service, Megalife Camp, Youth Alive Gig and the Foo Family Retreat. I've 1 more Yeo Family Retreat to go. (My Mom's a Foo, my Dad's a Yeo, duuuh.) Christmas, New Year and School begins again. I've done and am going to do a lot more :) For the first time in years, I actually have a schedule that is rather packed, for the holidays. I'm not exactly sure if I like it but I'm enjoying it!

Where was God? He was right there, with me. I trodded hopelessly through many seasons of my life, but I'm glad I didn't this time.

After waiting, searching and seeking, the words Break Through have finally come through in my spirit. It took me quite some time to realise what God wanted. I waited 3 whole days, not knowing that all God wanted was, me. It was pretty amazing how God watched me, came and dealt with me ever so personally, and showed me that I was not once alone. I stood, assured :)

Receiving and catching the fire doesn't do any good, until you decide and choose to use it. Knowing that you have the flame, but giving it space to die down, isn't what you'd want to happen. There's always something that distracts and hinders, and it makes us, as believers, frustrated most of the time. But I choose the cross. Even though I'm flawed and far from who my God is, I still choose the cross.

Upon returning from the Foo Family Retreat, I figured that it does come down to Family. They are the ones closest to us and to our hearts. My cousins have grown so big, and the youngest is turning 10 next year. But we went crazy in our own apartment, like we used to whenever we met up. My Grandfather finally got the chance to leave home and join us though he's wheelchair bound. He never looked happier :) This is The Foo Family. We're missing the Chan family, my eldest Aunt, and my oldest cousin, Amanda.




Ohana, means family, nobody gets left behind.



Daddy, and my Grandfather who made the best milkshakes in the world :)



The nine year old Barnabas, Aaron and Alvin. 3 of the 4 girls in the Foo Family! We missed you JieJie.

I'll be updating again, but this time, on the Yeo Family :) With new additions, for the very first time. Now we can say, we're family.

Hey devil, don't you dare touch my family, you hear? Both the Foo and the Yeo family. We live in the faith and salvation that God has mercifully granted us, and we won't let you take that away from us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home